It is quite a weird experience to live in a shared space. It is because you will have to share all the things right from the washrooms to the bed. However, the masses have some assumptions regarding the communal bathrooms.
These assumptions lead to fear and anxieties. On the other side, you do not need to take the stress. It is pretty standard if you also have some myths regarding these kinds of bathrooms.
As fake news spread faster as compared to the truth, likewise, myths outweigh reality. Before making any judgment on the communal bathrooms,you will have to search about it. In addition to it, continue your search until you do not know about the truth.
If you are worried about using the public bathrooms, the below-mentioned information is fruitful for you. It is all about the myth that usually masses have about the communal bathrooms.
Myth: Communal Bathrooms are dirty and smelly
Truth- In the case of open bathrooms, the cleaning person will come daily for managing and cleaning the dirt. So, they maintain the proper cleaning of bathrooms. On the other side, communal shower etiquette is that you clean yourself include drain, leftover soap, and stray hairs.
Myth: Fight for the bathrooms
Truth- In the first few weeks of each semester, you will have to make some adjustments. Due to these adjustments, you will be off-schedule. With time, you will get the shower at the same time.
Each thing will be managed. So, there is no particular fight for the bathroom, but you will have to make some adjustments.
Myth: You will have to walk around naked
Truth- It is not so. It is because robes will work best for you. Moreover, you can choose the robe as per your size or one size larger than your normal size. If you select the larger size, then you can wrap it.
Myth: I will get sick
Truth- You cannot deny that germs spread everywhere, even after the cleaning. Either the bathroom is communal or not, all are the same. Henceforth, it is essential to maintain the hygiene condition of the bathroom.
You can keep hand soap or wash and do not touch anything. You can give the preference to flip-flops while showering. It is recommendable to avoid sharing things with others.
Apart from these myths, there are some realities about the communal bathrooms. Moreover, you cannot neglect. This is because these realities are not less their benefits.
Benefits of communal bathrooms.
- Communal Bathrooms have a decent amount of toilets, showers, and sinks. So, there are several things available in the bathroom for you.
- There is a good cleaning team for cleaning the shared toilets. It is not a big deal for you because you do not need to clean them. The cleaning staff will clean it.
- You will have several options regarding the showers. If one shower is not working, then you can opt for the other option. So, you do not need to use that shower that is not working well.
- These bathrooms are fully stocked. Due to it, you do not need to spend the extra amount of bucks on toilet paper or other things. In addition to it, they are furnished with curtains. So, you will no need to buy toilet paper or other things.
- The people who will be using the communal bathroom respect your privacy. Moreover, they expect the same thing from you.
- These are essential things that will clear all of your doubts regarding the communal bathrooms.If you are living in a shared space, then you do not need to take the stress. If you respect the other privacy, then in return, you will get the same.
In the end, you must know these myths and realities regarding communal bathrooms. So, do not feel shy about using public or shared bathrooms.